Wednesday, October 5, 2011

We Got to Pray Just to Make it Today

Ah. Wise words by one MC Hammer (of “Please Hammer Don’t Hurt ‘Em” fame). Good times. I laugh when I think about his pants and that typewriter dance. And the fact that I LEARNED IT. OK, you can laugh now, but I look AWESOME on the dance floor. Truth. He may have looked ridiculous, but his words ring true. We do need to pray just to make it today. Or any other day for that matter.


And today I am asking for a very specific prayer request. I have a bloggy friend of a bloggy friend of a bloggy friend of an actual friend that I know in need of prayer. Many of you know her as “The Farmer’s Wife”, I know (of) her as Lara. See- I met “Shelly” of SixtyFeet fame via blogs, through Shelly’s blog I met Colleen and through her blog I met Lara. In the interim I actually MET (and spent the night with and traveled to UGA with) Joy, also of SixtyFeet fame. Joy is actual friends with Shelly who is actual friends with Colleen who is actual friends with Lara. Basically they are the Kevin Bacons of the blog world.


Anyway- Lara and her husband are in UGA right now awaiting the verbal ruling of their sweet, Baby A. The actual hearing was last week, but they were told to come back this week. Her facebook status today asked that we simply pray. I am going one step further and asking that we pray specifically that:


1. Above all, God’s will be done


2. (Selfishly) I ask that the Judge have compassion and will allow them to be the parents that Baby “A” needs and DESERVES. Every little fellar needs a Mommy, y’all….


3. I pray specifically that he not only give a verbal ruling awarding them legal guardianship, but also gives them a written ruling TODAY. This will allow them to apply for A’s visa STAT and not have to come back to court again


4. I pray that the Visa application is accepted in record time with no problems whatsoever


5. And also? I am praying them ALL home within two weeks. Our God can do that.


You guys. I have had the honor of meeting and loving on this very Baby “A” while in UGA a few weeks ago. He is bright and sweet and VERY outgoing. His energy rivals that of the batteried bunny. He has so much potential and I KNOW in my heart that he needs to be with a Mommy and a Daddy and a Brother and a Sister (ON A FARM) that will love him unconditionally. These orphans in UGA? They aren’t the problem. They are the RESULT of a problem in UGA. HIV/AIDS, war, famine, malaria, etc- THESE are the culprits. The children are only the ones that suffer. I pray that the Judge will see that while adoption (international or otherwise) isn’t the answer to their very real problem, it IS the answer for the welfare of these kids; or more specifically, Baby “A”…..(AND our Baby Puckett)


PLEASE share this post on your blogs. Please facebook this prayer request. Please sent this to your prayer group. Whether you know them or not, whether you have adopted or not, just know that the bible commands us to care for orphans and widows in distress (James 1:27). It is not an option for Christians- it is a very real command. If all you can do at this point is pray, PLEASE, please do so.


Matt 18:20 “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”    Word.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Just seeing this post, but I saw on their blog that A is their son! YAY!!!