Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Don't hate....

Oh wow. So, don’t hate. I’m been so distracted lately, I haven’t even thought about blogging. Don’t take it personal, I haven't thought about cooking, cleaning or grocery shopping either. Oh, don't look at me like that. You KNOW you've had those days (or weeks) too! But between 2 sick children and TongueGate 09, I’ve been all out of sorts! Anyway, there’s really not too much going on; although, I DO need to report that MP totally backed into my mother’s car this morning. I wish I could say it was the first time he hit her car, buuuuut it wasn’t. I also wish I could say that this was the first vehicle he’s backed into ever, buuuuut it isn’t. I’m not one to throw anyone under a bus though, so I’ll leave it at that. Smile. I love him. He probably hates me right now, but it was so, so funny you guys. The funniest part was when the rain started to come down as he was trying to separate the two vehicles. Sigh- it was Classic. Oh, and my mother laughed so hard I thought she was going to fall off our back porch. Good times. Of course, I facebooked about it. I had to. Nothing is sacred around these parts.

TongueGate 09 update: I went back to Dr. Dental yesterday because I am still having serious (or surrus in rapper-speak) pain. I'ts hard to explain...It doesn’t hurt to TOUCH the tongue- it hurts to USE the tongue. More specifically, it hurts to stick it out, so I can’t lick an ice cream cone, or eat a sucker, or antagonize my toddler. It hurts to chew gum and to swallow, oh and to talk. I hope all that makes sense. I’ve been referred to an oral surgeon and I’ll see him tomorrow. Dr Dental thinks now that it may not be nerve damage as he'd previously though, but muscle damage instead. Which is good because the muscle will heal…I hope. Dr Dental was all “let’s get her in with Dr Dental II…it’s not an emergency, but see if he can see her as soon as possible” and I was all, “Um. I beg to differ- this IS emergent, for I cannot eat a Tootsie Pop!” So yea, tomorrow it is. We’ll see.

Work is also crazy, super busy. It’s almost overwhelming, but it’ll be fine. I just wish people would stop getting hurt on the job for like 2 seconds. Really, guys- can’t you cut me some slack? I understand you cut the tip of your finger off in a tragic, 1st digit-to-saw accident, but WHAT ABOUT MY NEEDS?! I kid. It is unfortunate.

So um, M. DIDDY- funny Brogan conversation held this AM:

BB: Good mernin’, Mommy.
ME: Good morning, Princess. Did you sleep well?
BB: Stop talking to me. I am trying to sleep.
ME: But, you just….
BB: SHHHHH!

She cut me off mid-sentence! I was offended, but I let it slide because both she and Baby Swaid are sick this week. Croup. I just want to give a shout out to the kid that infected my kids: “Thx. That’ll be $160.00 in medicals and an unfathomable amount of money in my pain and suffering. Make checks payable to me.”

What else? Oh, so I’m on FarmVille now. I blame Elizabeth, cousin-in-law extraordinaire, for that. If you FaceBook, be my neighbor. Oh, and also send me a cow, please. I really want one!

Fun fact:

81- I cannot stand to be in crowds. If you see me bobbing and weaving like an elderly driver on I-55 North at 5:15 PM that doesn’t understand why you cannot exit Woodrow Wilson AND make the immediate right turn onto Lakeland Drive, don’t be alarmed. I am just trying to get out of the church sanctuary because I am physically unable to cope with people touching me in crowds. I often have to leave MP’s side to JUST.GET.OUT! and then just meet up with him in the lobby. If you try to stop me and I keep walking, please don’t think I’m rude- I’m really not. It’s the crowds I don’t like, not you. You? Are wonderful!

You know what? That’s all I’m gonna write today. HOLLA!

1 comment:

Tee said...

I am always telling the doctors the same thing... "Not an emergency? Really? So the fact that I can't _____________ is not a problem for ya? Good, I'll sleep better tonight knowing that it's not an emergency." I'm sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with all of this! Thanks for keeping us updated!