Friday, July 24, 2009

Sneak preview

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
1. 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

My testimony is pretty simple. I don’t have any extraordinary turn around moments. I was never sold to a band of gypsies. I wasn’t deserted in a foreign region only to be witnessed to by rainforest natives. I wasn’t raised by a vegetarian pack of silverback koala monkeys. No, nothing like that. I have no bells or whistles to offer. I have nothing that will make you shake your head and say, “I just cannot believe it”, but I CAN guarantee you that the Lord doesn’t see my salvation story as anything but SPECTACULAR! To Him, my story is a Tony Award winning Broadway Play starring Mary Magdalene. Peter and Paul would give it two thumbs up if they were critics. To Him, he sees nothing ordinary about my coming to know Him. To Him it is a joyous occasion, if not THE most joyous occasion there ever was. An occasion meant to be celebrated. If I were a betting woman, I would slap a $20 down and confidently declare that a Heavenly party was thrown in my honor on that day. I would tell you that this party? It put any one of Sean “P. Diddy” Combs’ parties to shame. Puff’s annual “White Party?” Ain’t got nothing on the celebration that was thrown for me in Heaven that day. People magazine would write that Heaven is the new “hot spot.” Celebrities would be begging to get in. I can see it now: Cue dream sequence music…..

The red carpet was laid out and the pearly gates were shining. A Chariot of Fire pulls up and out steps Jesus. Onlookers stand in awe. The paparazzi snap pictures, but they don’t worry about trying to get His good side. He is beautiful. He is nothing BUT good sides. Our Father makes his way to His throne, stopping to greet everyone there. He reaches His throne, but before sitting, He turns to the crown and with arms raised, proudly declares that *I* had answered His call. You can hear the adoration in his sweet voice. He smiles so big you almost can’t see his gentle eyes. He is a proud Father. If he had bubble gum cigars, He would totally be passing them out. The trumpets blare. The angels rejoice. The disciples are so overcome with joy that they can hardly sit still. My great grandparents clap along with all those who went before me. The applause is deafening. He writes my name in the Book of Life. He cries happy tears and before the ink has even dried, the Book is shut. After that a celebration greater than the combined all eight seasons of “My Super Sweet Sixteen” commenced and under all eleventy-gabillion stars, I am sure they danced until dawn. I can just see Daniel and Jonathan high-fiving. I’m sure they even chest-bumped. There may have even been a mosh-pit. I’m just sayin’…..

I mean, I wasn’t there, but in my mind that is totally how I picture it all going down. How awesome is that? He knows my name? He celebrates my re-birth? He calls me his own? Wow. I am almost without words. I am His daughter. He loves me. Say it with me now, WOW.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

LOVE the image you painted! You are right on!!