Thursday, July 16, 2009

God Moment

God Moment

Last night, before, during and after my TLC: Trio of Television Wonder, I began shopping iTunes on my phone and downloaded about 20 amazing Christian songs. I have been listening to a lot more K Love lately. Oh, I listent to it. I've just been listening to it more than usual. Anyway, did you know that when you listen to Christian music as opposed to say, Wreckx-N-Effect, you feel uplifted? I mean, “Rump Shaker” is a great song and all- I’ll give you that, but NOTHING compares to Casting Crowns’ “Voice of Truth.” I know, preacher has preached before and has, on more than one occasion, mentioned how our choice of music can affect our overall mood, but apparently it hadn’t really sunk in with me. Now, please don’t misunderstand me. I love praise and worship music and I listen to K Love in the car…..when I’m not listening to Y101 and I’ve got some praise and worship music on my iPhone that I listen to…….when I’m not breaking it down to Fergie. I just don’t have THAT many songs to choose from. So, with my $50.00 in iTunes gift cards, I went a shoppin’. And do you know what happened, you guys? Before I knew it, I was absolutely overcome with the Spirit and found myself in tears, hands raised, and singing “Sing to the King.” I know, right? “Satan is vanquished and JESUS is KING!” It was absolutely amazing and I wished the night hadn’t come to end, but momma needed some sleep, yo. And so this morning, on my way to work, I listened to my newly purchased music and guess what? I didn’t even yell at the guy who cut me off on Lakeland Drive. But even better than that, I did even WANT to yell at the guy who cut me off on Lakeland Drive. Instead, I was all, “Well heloooo. Come on over! I’ll make room…And a tip of the hat to YOU, good sir.” Oh, that should be read in your best Scottish accent. Or British, I haven’t quite decided yet, but how cool is that? I like it. I like it a lot.

2 comments:

Gwen Hardin said...

That is awesome! I love that you were able to worship in such a way as to make your day better. It's funny, but there's a song about getting back to the "Heart Of Worship" and that's exactly what you did! Thanks for your witness - and your testimony (and the humor with which you share it)! ;o)

grey rose (they/them) said...

awesome post!!!




so i'm following your blog now:)