Friday, January 13, 2012

Once Upon a Time, I Had a Blog....

It has occurred to me that I had a blog one time. One that I actually got to, ya know, blog in. If I were one to make resolutions that would have definitely been it, but I don’t. So instead, I bask in my glory days when blogging was more of a hobby and less of a chore. Life has gotten a little out of control right now and something had to give. That “something” just happened to be “The Pickle.” Sorry.

Right now we are *thisclose* to being 100% paper ready to adopt our lil UGA nugget. That means my heart and my head are *thisclose* to ‘splodin with excitement/nervousness/love/joy/fear. Pretty much any emotion you can think of, I’ve got it. Multiplied by a million. We are now on an 8 week countdown til our next UGA trip. Gulp. It is a very real possibility that we may meet our next child and the thought of that renders me feeling overwhelmed, yet useless. It consumes me. I have a hard time concentrating on anything right now because of it. I want to be there. I want to KNOW who our child is. I want to bring them home. Like, NOW.

But we wait. And then we’ll wait for a referral. And then we’ll wait for a court date. And then we’ll wait for a travel date. And then we’ll wait for a ruling. And then we’ll wait for a visa. And then we’ll wait til we all come home. Together. Have you noticed a pattern yet? There’s a lot waiting involved. And I don’t wait well.

In the meantime, I find myself nesting already. It’s insane. No drawer or closet is safe at my house. My heart is being prepared for something so wonderful I can’t imagine. My house is being prepared to rival Niecy Nash in TLC’s “Clean House”. The cleanliness and organization of it all would make hoarders cry. Part of me does it because I know it’ll be NUTS with three littles running around. Part of me does it because I actually enjoy it. But most of me does it just to pass the time in between.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I totally get this...I have been so "distracted" lately. I can't seem to concentrate on anything because my heart is so emotional in the wait! Excited for ya'll! It won't be long now!!!

grey rose (they/them) said...

oh, i love you. always thinking of you! xo