Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Email From UGA Atty!!!

Ok, guys. I’m about to jump out of my SKIN. I just received an email from our Attorney in UGA and it in is a request for our completed Home Study so, and I quote, “A REFERRAL IN YOUR AGE BRACKET CAN BE MADE.” Now, I realize I may be overreacting here, but to me this says, “Hey, we have some kids that need homes and we’d love to consider you, but we need yo paperwork.” Exciting, no? YES!

If that doesn’t light a fire under your butt, I DON’T KNOW WHAT WILL.

Only the problem is…..We haven’t completed our home study yet. Mainly because we just made our initial trip to Uganda and because it costs $2,500.00. And also because it is very time consuming. And oh, it’s $2,500.00. The breakdown is as follows:

Fingerprints (new FBI system) $150 Due now
Administration fees: $450 Due on first visit (likely within 1 week!)
Home Study Fee: $1400 Due on second visit (likely within 2 weeks!)
Post Placement Visits: $470 Due before the report can be finalized

We had our fingerprints done several months ago, but failed to send them off because the fingerprint machine was jacked up and there was almost a 90% chance they’d be rejected. Our home study agency emailed me today and advised the FBI had a new fingerprinting system where you make an appointment and have it submitted electronically and results are back in like 2 days. WHICH IS CRAZY, AND UNHEARD OF, IN THE ADOPTION WORLD. Most people wait MONTHS to get FBI results in.

Step 1: Put the FUN in FUNdraising. (Since, we don’t have $20k lying around). Please order some crosses, beads, and how much can I get for my other kidney?!
Step 2: Visit UGA. CHECK
Step 3: Complete Homestudy.
Step 4: Accept a referral for our child. OMG. I HAVE BUTTERFLIES.
Step 5: Bring them home and love on the forever (this is where it’s all gumdrops and apple trees)
Step 6: Complete the adoption in our home state…blah…blah..blah, let’s go back to Step 5

So. Marty will finish all the remaining cross orders this week and if you’ve prepaid (Jennifer, Amanda, Laurie, etc) I’ll have them to you by the weekend. We’re ready to make a fresh batch and only need to sell about 1,334 at $15 each to have this thing FUNDED! Also, I’ll be posting some paper bead necklaces purchased in UGA. They are BEAUTIFUL and $15 each. Also, they make great gifts as well!!!

IF YOU HAVE EVER WANTED TO PURCHASE A CROSS OR DONATE TO OUR ADOPTION, NOW IS THE TIME!

We need to raise $2500 to have our home study completed STAT so we can officially receive the referral of OUR THIRD CHILD. (I really like saying that) After that, we need to raise the following:

$4,500 Legal Fees
$8,500 Airfare
$1,000 Immigration
$1,500 Lodging/meals/transportation in country
$2,000 Miscellaneous (Medical immunizations, certified documents, overnight FedEx services, etc)

Remember: THE CROSSES MAKE EXCELLENT GIFTS @ $15 ($21includes shipping) & THE BEADS ARE BEAUTIFUL AND ALSO MAKE EXCELLENT GIFTS FOR THE LADIES ($15 EACH) (I’ll post pics tonight)

And I’m not too proud to accept a good old fashioned donation. Or Skymiles. And prayer. Lots and LOTS of prayer.

1 comment:

The Fruitful Family said...

Hum-OH MY!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I feel the burn of the fire under my butt right now!! Seriously girl....I mean, SERIOUSLY.!?! When you get a moment, email me all the good details, will ya?! Wish I could squeeze your neck ( and stroke that fabulous hair of yours) and rub MP's fuzzy head! I love you both!!