Wednesday, March 31, 2010

COUPONS!! COUPONS!! COUPONS!!!

Ok- so a lot of you probably don't know that I am a coupon junkie. Seriously. What began as a fun way to save a few dollahs has now become an obsession of obscene proportions. It cannot be stopped. Anyway, I ran to Kroger at lunch today to use a few of my almost expired coupons plus a few coupons where the actual merchandise was also on sale.

For $2.68 (plus tax) I scored:
1- 1 family sized bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos $4.99/sale $4.29 Coupon for 1 free bag up to $5 made them FREE

2- 4 pack of Yoplait Delight yogurt $2.49. I have a $1 off coupon and a cellfire coupon for $1.... made them $0.49 (I was a little bummed b/c last week they were on sale for $2.00 so I got them free)

3- 2 velveeta shells and cheese $1.19 each plus an instore .50 coupon & I had a BOGO coupon, so 1 was free and the other was $.69

4- 2 bags of Bird's Eye steamfresh mixed veggies. Currently on sale for $1.00 bag, plus I had a .50 coupon (that Kroger doubles to 1.00) so I paid .50 per bag

5- 1 Betty Crocker mini delights sale price of $1.50. Cellfire coupon for .50 and a manufacturers coupon for .50 (that Kroger doubled to $1.00) and I got them FREE

I still had to pay the tax on the free items, but my total AFTER taxes was $3.50!!!! Now we have yogurt & chips for lunches, mac n cheese and veggies for kids dinners & 2 mini delights for when I want sumpin' sweet, but don't wanna bake cupcakes!

I was so excited, I had to share!!!! Btw, don't be surprised if I pull out a coupon at El Sombrero tonight. I'm pretty sure I have one :) Super excited!

~cp

1 comment:

grey rose (they/them) said...

w00t!! is can be RATHER addicting:)
p.s. i really miss you!