Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Plans

So, since yesterday could officially go down in the Guiness Book of World Records as "the laziest day a live human has ever had", I'll try and redeem myself today. MP is off on his long paddle at present, but will be back in time for 11:00 service. Ideally, he'd be back in time to help me get both kids ready for said 11:00 service, but we'll see. I'm pretty sure that I'll drop them off at my parents in their pj's and call it "getting them ready by myself." Since Sir had a bout of strep or as I like to say, "The Strap", AND since the H1N1 is apparently RAMPANT around the parts, I'm not entirely comfortable taking them to child care. I know it's a little ridiculous since I take them to daycare 5 days a week, but to me it's one less chance of exposure. Whatever. It makes me feel a little better, plus I don't like having to deal with the screams and cries of trying to drop them off with a stranger.

Anyway, that's not the point of the story. The point is, well I'm not entirely sure I have one yet, but we'll go with it. Yesterday was fantastically lazy and glorious. MP didn't have work day at deer camp due to the 50% possibility of rain. So we were lazy. We didn't wash a dish - we didn't change a sheet - we didn't do a single chore all day. We slept late, made chocolate chip pancakes, went to the Zoo (and didn't let the kids touch ANYTHING, BTW), celebrated my nephew's 2nd bday at my parent's house, NAPPED, cooked dinner and ate. Oh, and we played ALL DAY LONG. Brogan wanted a tea party? We had a tea FEAST. Swaid wanted a ball? We rolled that thing all over this house. Bebe and I read the same book about 5 times. To break the monotony I totally made up my own words - she can't read so she didn't know the difference. But she LOVED it!

I am really hoping we can work on our garden today, but I'm almost certain that MP will be wiped out this afternoon after paddling 894 miles today. Maybe not that many, but whatever. 10 miles to me = 894. My plans for the day include:

1- church
2- nap
3- straighten house
4- laundry (i only have 1 load and it's already in the washer!!!)
5- garden... maybe. maybe. maybe
6- send my kids home with someone
7- work outside - this can really only be accomplished if I can send my kids home with someone
8- grocery shop - I almost forgot about this one

Wish me luck!

No comments: