Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ode to M. Diddy- You Know Who You Are

7/9/09

Ode to M. Diddy- You Know Who You Are

So as of this morning, I was informed that according to the contents of my blog, I am considered “Borderline Narcissistic.” I was advised that “blogs should be about children” and “not about yourself.” To this person, I say, you obviously haven’t gotten the gist of the blog yet. When I started it, it was about my children. That was cool, because, well you have met my children. They are a forced to be reckoned with. But only writing about them was a little bit restricting. There are other things I’d like to say and opinions I have that I’d like to share that I really couldn’t tie in with the whole “all about my kids issue”. Plus, I don’t know about you, but I get really tired of only reading about other folks’ kids. Not that I don’t care, I do. It’s just that I would also like to know what is going on in someone else’s life, besides play dates, poopy diapers, and pacifiers hence the “100 Things To Know About Me.” Now of course you, M. Diddy, are probably bored to tears by this because I am sure you already know most of this, as you and your lovely wife are seriously two of my very bests. You are one of the only guys in the world I have intentionally burped in front of and I MAY have floated a biscuit in your truck on more than one occasion. I’m just sayin’ MAYBE. And it MIGHT have been intentional, but I can’t recall exactly. Our friendship dates back to when the FA was cool and Ice Ice Baby was our theme song. I enjoy being the third wheel on our lunch dates. I respect you and I love you as a friend and I especially love the way you treat Natty D’lite as she should be treated and by making midnight ice cream runs for her even though she is totally not even pregnant. I give you kudos for that. Oh, and the part about “bisque toilets?” I give you MAD PROPS for that. Dude, you are a SAINT, do you hear me? I love Natty D and the fact that we are BFF AND co-workers is the most awesome thing ever. It makes work and lunch time fun, although, I confess that riding in the car with you two can make me suicidal at times. I still love you. So this entry is for you, M. Diddy. I pour some out for my homey. Holla! PS- today is turkey and dressing day at Primo’s, FYI….hint….hint……just sayin’

76. Swaid is almost walking now. He’s 10 ½ months old and has started on table foods. Canned peas and canned carrots are his favorite!

77. Swaid still won’t hold his own bottle. He totally can, but refuses. I really can’t blame him though. I’d let someone feed me if I could get away with it.

78. Brogan went on her very 1st school field trip yesterday and I was a wreck! When asked what she did, she replied, “I hit Ryland with my baby doll and then went to time-out.” I’m sure he deserved it.

79. Brogan is obsessed with Phineas and Ferb and will watch it over and over and over.

80. Swaid is obsessed with Brogan. He loves her and when she enters the room, his smile says it all. He truly loves her. And Vice versa.

A’right, M. Diddy. I hope this appeases you and you don’t talk smack about me anymore. Smiley Face. Seriously, you are one of the best guy friends I have ever had. Thank you for that.

No comments: