Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Terrible Blooger

I’ve been a terrible, terrible blogger lately. And I just typed “blooger” by accident. I s’pose I’m a terrible blooger too though. You know, sinuses and such.

There’s not too much going on right now with the adoption. It’s the waiting game. Which I hate. It takes patience and I’m hungry. Wow. That just happened. I was thinking “impatient”, but my fingers typed “hungry”. But I mean, I AM hungry, y’all so I’m going to let that one ride.

We are meeting Lisa, our social worker, Friday for our finalized homestudy. Next week I am mailing our I-600A application to the USCIS for “Advance Processing of Orphan Petition”. That’s basically assurance that the US gubment will grant citizenship to any child we adopt. And it’s $890.00. Nice, huh?

In the meantime, MP and I have been looking at airline costs and trying to determine the best time for us to go back to UG. Right now, it’s a cointoss between January and March. At that time, we’ll be supporting our Sixty Feet family there, as well as, visiting remand homes and orphanages AND our attorney. Hopefully since we’ll be “paper-ready” (more or less), we can expedite the process. I told you, I’m not very patient. And still very hungry. It’s not that we want to “rush” the process exactly: we don’t. But we ARE adopting a waiting child. We aren’t waiting for an infant to be born. Our child is THERE. RIGHT. NOW. living in conditions that are less than desirable. My wanting to “rush” things is more of a “sense of urgency” to get him/her into our family home. It’s the Mama Bear in me.

So there’s that. That’s our current update. I’m sorry there’s not much more to report, but I hope to book our tickets next week so maybe that’ll put a little pep in our step. And just then, I accidentally typed “poop in our step”. No one wants to step in poop. That would be gross.

Sidenote:
1-     It’s not too late to donate to Sixty Feet for the purchase of land!   www.sixtyfeet.org
2-     It’s not too late to order a cross from me and MP!! Order by 12/9/11 for Christmas!
3-     It’s not too late to sign up for a “Cuttin’ Corners” coupon class: Monday, 12/5/11 6:30 @ Corner Bakery. $10 CASH and ALL proceeds will benefit our Adoption! Taught by the fabulous, Emily Tate! Email me for details: usillypickle@comcast.net

No comments: