Monday, May 9, 2011

Puttin’ the “Fun” in Fund Raisin’

First, I want to take the time to personally thank each and every one of you for your prayers, comments and support. I am truly overwhelmed. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

So I’m pretty sure my last post was self-explanatory. MP and I have been given a heart for orphans- ALL orphans (every little fellar needs a family), but specifically Uganda. We have wrestled with the decision on whether or not to adopt for a few months now and have finally said, “Yes, Lord. If you call us, we will go.” And now? It’s like the Lord got us all stirred up til we said “yes” and now He has given us the “Thank you for your obedience, now here’s some patience, take a number, and please wait.” And we are blanketed by peace in this decision. Not so secretly I’m breathing a sigh of relief. I’ve been thinking this whole time that we’ve got to run off and go get a child, now, now NOW! But we haven’t been given a sense of urgency at all. We’ve done that to ourselves. I’ve been so caught up in the who? what? where? of it all, that I’ve failed to ask God, “when?” And really, the timing is all His.

So what now?

Now? We take a step back and put it in His hands. We pray. A lot. We pray for our potential future child/children. We pray for our current children. We pray for good health. We pray for each other. We pray we have the strength to remain in His will, when our own ways just seem easier. We pray that He will provide the funds needed to get us there. I don’t know if you’ve looked into adoption, but while our love is limitless, our funds; however, are not. Kids ain’t cheap, yo.

So today, we start with the basics. First, WE GOTTA GET TO AFRICA! We have been introduced to a need that we feel equipped to meet and that’s for us to be the hands and feet of Christ. We are going to Uganda in September 2011 for Missions to work with the very same children who may or may not become our own. So what can you do? Well, pray. Or if you feel led, give. We take both *smile*. This is the part I have the hardest time with: The Fund Raising. Right now, we need to try to raise the approximate $3,800.00 needed for this trip.

If this is something you want to assist with, PLEASE email me at usillypickle@comcast.net and I’ll be happy to give you our address. Please know that at this time, I have nothing to offer in return other than a hug, a heartfelt "thanks" and maybe a funny Facebook quip or two. I love you all. *smiles*

In Him,
~cp

1 comment:

grey rose (they/them) said...

cant wait to see what creative means y'all come up with!
praying for those funds to roll on in! keep me updated!!