Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Guess what happened next?

Can I just say that I had like, the best weekend ever? Can I? Well, I did. It started out as a pretty uneventful Saturday. MP went on his 8,000 mile paddle and the kids and I just kind of chilled and relaxed…notice how I did NOT say “chillax”? It falls under my list of words of which I will never speak, right behind “Yummy” and several derivatives of the word “husband”. I just can’t do it. Fast forward to 2:00 pm. My long lost sister of another mister (and Mrs.), Brooke, picked me up en route to see Ms. Britney Spears in Bossier City, LA. I can’t tell you how excited I was about this concert because the words? They fail me. I almost lost control of my bladder is what I’m telling you. SO.EXCITED! So we drive for like, 4 hours and finally get to our hotel (Hilton in Shreveport) and we have about 2 hours of pre-concert beautifying time. And hamburgers. Don’t forget the hamburgers.

So, we leave the hotel around 7 ish for an 8pm concert. It is assigned seating and we don’t even know who the opening act is so we don’t rush it. We’re fashionably late with burgers in hand and we eat in the parking lot. SO- we get inside and Brooke informs me that she “may” have gone over my allotted ticket budget without my permission, is that okay? She flashes our tickets and we are immediately directed to the- are you ready for it?- VIP TABLE. Yes. We are rolling VIP at a Britney Spears concert- nevermind the fact that I am a thirty year old, married mother of two toddlers. JUST YOU NEVERMIND!

We get our VIP bracelets strapped on our wrists (left, NOT the right!) and try to find out seats. We are most unsuccessful so we ask someone and are directed to – are you ready for this?- THE FLOOR LEVEL. You guys, we are stage side, 2nd row standing at a Britney Flippin’ Spears concert. She was exactly 5.74 feet from us at most time. I KNOW?! We totally tried to play it cool, but our efforts were in vain. I am almost ashamed to tell you all that I squealed in delight right along with the 9 year olds directly in front of us.

You would think it didn’t get any better than that, but it SO DID. We get back to our hotel to discover that Britney is not there, much to our dismay. But THEN we find out that we JUST missed Neo, Michelle Rodriguez and the cute little boy that played Miley’s boyfriend in the Hannah Montana movie. They were all at our hotel, along with James Woods and REO Speedwagon. Brooke and I joked all night about how we needed to wear make-up at breakfast just in case we ran into a celebrity and had to snap a picture… hahahaha- it was a night of hypotheticals. What IF…..? UNTIL……..

The next morning we decided against room service and instead, headed to the hotel dining area. We were still wearing the night before’s eye makeup, so it didn’t require much effort to look presentable. Our waitress, Mona, was the best. She told us about all the celebrities that were housed at the hotel. Apparently, she told us, there are 3 movies being filmed in Shreveport and the Hilton is the “host” hotel. She confirmed that Britney was not staying there, but True Blood’s “Eric Northman” a/k/a “The hot, tall, blonde vampire” was. Now. I’ve not seen the show because I don’t have HBO, but I have a slew of friends (both real and facebook) who are truly, madly, deeply in love with this man.

Guess what happened next?

HE WALKED IN. At one point we were even at the buffet together. We wanted to meet him, but didn’t want to make a scene. So. We stalked a little. Not really, but yea we kinda did. We ate slowly…went back for seconds…..talked for 46 minutes and finally decided we were not able to wait him out. So, we headed to the lobby AND the next thing we knew- ALEX SKARSGARD WAS IN THE ELEVATOR WITH US. JUST THE 3 OF US. OMG. I KNOW!

No comments: