Monday, August 3, 2009

I'd rather be at home today

8/3/09
Have you ever had one of those days where you wake up and want nothing else more than to just stay home? Today is most definitely one of them. I didn’t want to get out of bed and I most certainly didn’t want to haul myself into work today. Do you know what I’m saying? It’s not that I didn’t want to come to work, per se. It’s just that I would rather not have. But I’m here. And I’m making it just fine. And I’m using my generously offered 15 minute break to type this. After all, I don’t smoke so how else am I to use my time, I ask you?!

Speaking of time, this past weekend just went by way too fast for my liking. We had a ton of stuff to do, but surprisingly didn’t do any of it. We did not bring dinner to our close friend. Not because we didn’t want to, but because her Saint husband took their 2 oldest children out of town for the weekend and it was just her and the babies (identical twin boys!) and her parents. She was just gonna chill for the night, so we’re rescheduling for another time. Oh, and we did not attend all 3 birthday parties as planned either AND I DON’T EVEN FEEL BAD ABOUT IT. Strike that. I feel bad enough to send gifts and a little bad because I always try to attend everything I’m invited to (edited to add: please do not consider this an open invitation to invite me to every Aloette, Premier Jewelry, Pampered Chef, Avon, Southern Living, or Mary Kay party you might be thinking to host – at this point in my life, the generosity of my extra time and money is devoted solely to my children and their subsequent invites. Thx.) Well, my mother DID take Brogan to the splash park party Saturday morning and, of course, she still hates it. So I’m glad I missed that one. Bebe didn’t come home until almost 2:00 pm wherein she promptly fell asleep and slept thru bday party # 2. We were planning on attending the 6:15pm party FO SHO, YO! but several things happened that prevented us from actually doing so. 1- Swaid slept for MOST OF THE DAY, but still fell asleep before the 6:15 party. 2- the rain came and we didn’t want to get out in it and 3- Brogan hates Pump-It-Up. Like hates it a lot, so we saved them $5 and a whole lot of irritation by her not attending. It was great. Well, except for the rain- that part sucked. I think I’ve facebooked about how “over it” I am. I still feel that way. Except possibly even more now that my grass ATE MY CAR.

******************************************************************

I’m sure I’ve mentioned that Beckham Swaid Puckett will turn 1 on August 20th!!! Well, I think I’ve finally decided to do a pirate-themed birthday party for him. I no HE won’t care, but I can’t think of anything else. Plus I found a super cute “wench” costume for Bebe. I know it sounds tacky, but you just have to see it. It really is more adorable than hooch, I promise. That’s as far as I’ve gotten though on party details. I’m in a bit of a dilemma as to WHEN to have it. His birthday is the Thursday, 20th, so I thought about a party on Saturday, the 22nd. But I have one sister-in-law and nephew that won’t arrive from Colorado until the 23rd. Not for the party, but for other reasons. I could have the party on Sunday, 23rd and that would be ok too, except that my OTHER sister-in-law may do something crazy, like GIVE BIRTH TO MY AS OF YET UN-NAMED NIECE! If she does, then she’ll be out of commission for that day. And I really want her to be there?! What to do? What to do? Part of me (ok, well A LOT of me) feels bad for not having a spendicularly (I’m totally gonna trademark that word, by the way) lavish hoorah for his 1st because I did that with Brogan. Of course, I also vowed to “never do that again”, but you know how mothers are. And I would hold his party and the exact same venue as her First party was, had they not shut their doors forever. Apparently they did not consider my future needs when they decided to close. Ingrates. The only thing left would be to host it at my house. Which was great for 3 year olds. Because they could play with stuff. Outside. That’s the keyword here. OUTSIDE. As much as I love kids, I just don’t want 1000 of ‘em running about mah crib. It’s bad enough that I have to clean beforehand, but the mess afterwards? ALMOST MAKES LIFE NOT WORTH LIVING.

All that being said, I’m down to either:

A) Suck it up and party on the 15th at my house with family and closest friends only and deal with the hating of all the cleaning
B) NOT have a big party and then deal with hating myself for not adequately celebrating the birth of my only son

Hmmm. I guess my money’s on A.

*******************************************************************

PS- I am really, REALLY tired of Katy Perry’s “Waking up in Vegas”. Enough already.

PPS- I am also really tired of “bad things coming in three’s”. Some slack, please?

PPS- Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get a 3 year old to stop sucking their thumb or “drinking her fum” in Brogan-speak?

No comments: