Monday, July 6, 2009

Brief Recap of July 4 Weekend

Brief Recap of July 4 Weekend

7/6/09
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. If you’re like me, I just don’t think that a 3 day weekend was long enough. I mean, this was a major holiday! I know I’m looking forward to Part 2 of our Independence Day Celebration on August 2. If you’ve read my prior post, you’ll totally get it. If not, you should because it’s awesome. I kid. It did make my husband laugh out loud though, so I was pretty stoked about that. We were pretty low-key all weekend, much to the disappointment of the paparazzi. It was so low-key, that I am struggling to remember what we actually did? Oh, yea. On Friday, we…wait for it. Are you sitting? Ok. We….cleaned the house and did some laundry. I know, right?! Dude, I didn’t even go to bed until sometime after 9:00 pm. I am WILD. Saturday, MP kayaked for something like 187 miles? Maybe not. I forget. I wasn’t paying ATTENTION. (Pinelakers. Did you see what I did there?! HA! Lettuce) I, on the other hand, single-handedly wrestled two, count ‘em TWO wild, maniacal children that morning. Brogan was all, “Where’s MY DADDYYYY?...I WANT MY DADDEEEE” And I was all, “For the love, child, will you just please stop whining?! Here, have a dollar!” Swaid was just happy to be there. You guys, he is the sweetest baby in the world. Don’t get me wrong, he is a handful. He’d rather chew on electrical cords and run with scissors than actually be still, but really- He is so so cute. To keep from losing my mind, we took a “field Trip” to Wal Mart at 8:30 AM. Both kids did so well, I got them each a “happy”. OK, let's be honest here. Both kids did so well BECAUSE OF the happy. Not necessarily the other way around. Don’t judge me. They were perfect cherubs, but got a little fidgety about ½ thru so they each got a toy. What?! Like you have never bribed your child. Puh-leeze. I am not buying it. When MP got home, I was exhausted and all 4 of us were ready for a nap, so a nap we took. FOR.TWO.WHOLE.HOURS. I did get up before the rest because, well, a woman’s work is never done. I began cleaning out the fish tank. All 55 gallons of it. No. You read that right. 55. As in fifty five. Or Fiddy-Fi if you’re reading this in rapper speak. MP got up just a few minutes after me and so he handled the hard part for me, so that was much appreciated. We ate lunch, played with the children and later that evening, Brogan and I went to PetSmart and bought 5 new fish. We came home, welcomed the little guys into the tank, ate some burgers that MP grilled. Best.Burgers.Ever. and had MP’s cousin, Mindy, and her 3 year old little girl, Hope, over for the night. The girls played together like the best of friends, except that one time when Brogan was a thug and hit Hope in the eye. I felt bad and sent Brogan to bed. It was late anyway. Sunday, we churched it at 11:00, buffeted it at Mitchell Jones at 12:30, then we wedding’d it at 3:00. When we got home last night at 6:30, I literally set a timer for 60 minutes and ran thru the house like a mad woman. I started some laundry, and went about cooking, cleaning, and barking orders to HEY YOU PICK UP YOUR MESS I AM NOT YOUR MAID AND SWAID STOP EATING TRASH OFF THE FLOOR SON, BROGAN IT IS TIME YOU STARTED TO EARN YOUR KEEP, CHILD! When the timer went off, we had all eaten, the house was spotless, the fish were fed and the baby was in bed. MP and I chillaxed on the couch and watched “Bourne Supremacy” because, well that movie NEVER gets old. And that's about it....

Omg- I can’t believe I almost forgot…. MP’s mother had given us an old Singer sewing machine base that she used as a kitchen table. Well, the glass top was broken, so MP made a top for it over the weekend and I am telling you, it MAKES our kitchen now. I’ll post pics soon!
Have some more random tidbits:

56- I love blueberry muffins and have just discovered the 2nd best blueberry muffin in the world (the 1st would be Starbucks muffins). If you live or work near a Penn’s (yes, the chicken-on-a-stick Penn’s), then I suggest you run (don’t walk!) to it and eat a muffin. Right.This.Minute. If you DON’T live near a Penn’s, then might I suggest a weekend getaway to any destination putting you within walking distance of one. Yes. They are just that good.

57- I would wear blue jeans, t-shirts and flip flops every day if I could. Just not the SAME blue jean/t-shirt/flip-flop outfit. That would be gross.

58- I am a homebody by definition of the word; however, I LOVE to travel.

59- Italy is the most beautiful place I’ve ever been and since I threw a penny into the Trevi Fountain, I’ll totally be going back one day. It was my wish.

60- I make wishes in fountains. I don’t necessarily believe they’ll come true, but it’s still fun and I encourage my children to do the same.

61- I love to make lists. LOVE.TO.MAKE.LISTS. I felt that needed to be emphasized. It’s a big one. I make lists everyday, for everything, multiple times a day. Even for other people, much to MP’s chagrin.

62- I like to imagine what I would do if I ever won the Powerball Lottery. Only I don’t gamble and have never bought a ticket, so I’m fairly certain that I haven’t a snowball’s chance at actually winning it. If someone just wanted to give me lots of money though, that’d be cool too.

63- I hate doing laundry. That doesn’t cover it. Let me start over… I hate doing laundry more than any person on this planet has ever hated anything in their entire life. I hate it more than the dentist hates it when people don’t floss. I hate it more than PETA hates for people to wear fur. I hate it more than Wile E. Coyote hates that he can’t catch Roadrunner. I hate it with a passion that burns brighter than that of ten thousand suns. Hate.

64- I think that Sock Monkeys are God’s way of apologizing to me personally for the following:
1- Roaches
2- Mosquitoes
3- Oranges
4- All good foods carrying an inhumane amount of fat and calories, like Mexican Food, doughnuts and Cheetos
5- Ob/Gyn exams (ladies, can I get a witness?!)

65- I am undergoing Part 1 of Project Wisdom Tooth Extraction in T minus 4 hours. Nothing funny here. Sorry

2 comments:

Gen said...

OMG, we sat-together on the couch, next to each other- and watched the bourne supremacy too! lol...had never seen it...but it was GREAT!

Tee said...

You tell them, Christy! It's about dang time those kids of yours earn their keep! Girl, you crack me up... Would you mind putting your witty brain to further use and posting five or six times a day?